- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At the western end of the Chihuahua al Pacífico railway line, Los Mochis (population 335,000) sits near the Gulf of California. It's a friendly, but not terribly good-looking, town. Unless they're heading to the beach at Topolobampo, most travelers overnight here before boarding the morning train. El Fuerte is more historic and more scenic.
Los Mochis at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Copper Canyon
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe