The Copper Canyon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The train ride: The Chihuahua al Pacífico railroad allows you to cut a direct path through this dramatic landscape.
Encountering the Tarahumara: This indigenous community's culture has changed little in the last 1,000 years.
Biking, hiking, or riding to Batopilas and Urique: The rough roads to these towns are full of switchbacks, with incredible views around each turn.
Communing with nature: The backcountry Copper Canyon Sierra Lodge is a good place to start, with its tranquil backdrop amid pine trees, lack of electricity, and vegetarian meals.
Exploring an ancient trading center: The sea of roofless walls at World Heritage Site Casas Grandes, the ruins of Paquimé, looks like an adobe maze.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos