The Copper Canyon Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The train ride: The Chihuahua al Pacífico railroad allows you to cut a direct path through this dramatic landscape.
Encountering the Tarahumara: This indigenous community's culture has changed little in the last 1,000 years.
Biking, hiking, or riding to Batopilas and Urique: The rough roads to these towns are full of switchbacks, with incredible views around each turn.
Communing with nature: The backcountry Copper Canyon Sierra Lodge is a good place to start, with its tranquil backdrop amid pine trees, lack of electricity, and vegetarian meals.
Exploring an ancient trading center: The sea of roofless walls at World Heritage Site Casas Grandes, the ruins of Paquimé, looks like an adobe maze.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's