- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Surrounded by craggy, pine-covered bluffs, Creel is a mining, ranching, and logging town that grew up around the railroad station. The largest settlement in the area, it's also a gathering place for Tarahumara people who come to buy supplies and sell crafts. Creel is the hub of the Barrancas del Cobre, with a great tour company, a 24-hour medical clinic, and the only ATM between El Fuerte and Cuauhtemóc.
Creel at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Copper Canyon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's