The Copper Canyon Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Los Cabos
The canyons of the Sierra Tarahumara, as this portion of the Sierra Madre Occidental is known, form part of the Pacific "Ring of Fire," a belt of seismic and volcanic activity ringing the globe. As a result of its massive geologic movement, a large quantity of the earth's buried mineral wealth was shoved toward the surface. The average height of the resulting peaks is 8,000 feet, and some rise to more than 10,000 feet.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Copper Canyon restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Copper Canyon
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $80 -- Wyndham Cabo San Lucas Resort, Incl. 25% Meals CheapCaribbean.com
- $112 -- 4-Star Puerto Vallarta Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Buganvilias Resort and Convention Center
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Riviera Maya Adult-Only Resort w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $499 -- New Ship to Cozumel on 6-Night Cruise MSC Cruises
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
The train ride: The Chihuahua al Pacífico railroad allows you to cut a direct path through this dramatic landscape.... Read more
The Ferrocarril Chihuahua al Pacífico—"El Chepe"—passes through 86 tunnels and crosses 37 bridges on its journey through the... Read more
Hiking in the Copper Canyon is fantastic if you take the proper precautions. Mexico's Copper Canyon Country, by M. John Fayhee, is a good source... Read more
Mexico's largest state was once heavily populated by the Tarahumara, close relatives of the Pima Indians of southern Arizona. They are renowned... Read more
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now86° F Clear 51% Humidity June 19, 2013 at 10:40AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe