- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Before planning your trip to Nogales—or any other Mexican-American border town—check www.state.gov/travel for updates on drug violence and security precautions.
Don't linger in Nogales, which has experienced some gang-related violence. If you must spend time here, stick to the touristed areas, and watch out for pickpockets and petty thieves. Remaining alert (and sober) will lessen your risk of becoming a victim.
Travel elsewhere in Sonora is generally not problematic. Though you really should plan to drive by day, know that roads here are good and help is easy to find in the populated areas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's