- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Marinaterra Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- service of a luxury hotel
- sophisticated character
- great views
- all your fellow guests are Americans
Check Rates from our Partners
Marinaterra Hotel & Spa Review
This resort overlooks the San Carlos marina and has a commanding view of Cerro Tetakawi. Pastels soften the rooms, most of which have tiny kitchenettes. Some corner rooms have hot tubs on outdoor patios at no extra cost. A shuttle takes guests to the hotel beach club, which is a great place to hang out poolside or take a walk on the beach. El Embarcadero restaurant ($–$$) is a good place to try hearty, traditional Mexican soups like the caldo Xochitl, a steaming chicken consommé with white rice and avocado, garnished with chili.
- Address: Calle Gabriel Estrada s/n, Sector La Herradura, San Carlos, Sonora 85506 | Map It
- Phone: 622/225–2020; 01800/500–2040 toll free in Mexico; 888/688–5353 in North America
- Website: www.marinaterra.com
- Location: San Carlos
- 92 rooms, 20 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more