- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Hermosillo's Aeropuerto Internacional General Ignacio L. Pesqueira (HMO) is a hub for flights between the United States and the rest of Mexico; both US Airways and Aeroméxico fly from Phoenix. It lies 15 minutes outside the city center, a journey that costs $20 by taxi. The Central de Autobuses, located just off Highway 15, serves all the major regional and national bus companies. A bus trip from Nogales, near the border, to Hermosillo takes approximately four hours. Greyhound Mexico has service to Hermosillo. Grupo Estrella Blanca has frequent service to Hermosillo from Nogales, Tijuana, and Mexicali. A taxi downtown should cost $5. Taxis can be flagged from just about anywhere, especially in front of the hotels.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's