- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Flying to Guaymas's airport, General José M. Yáñez International Airport (GYM), can be pricey; US Airways Express flies here from Phoenix. Buses bound for other cities stop in Guaymas; the trip here from Nogales is about seven hours. The bus company Grupo Estrella Blanca, which has a network that covers 27 of the 31 states of Mexico, has frequent service to Guaymas from Nogales, Tijuana, and Mexicali. And cabs can be hailed anywhere—a good thing, as the attractions are rather far-flung. The Ferry Santa Rosalía runs to and from Guaymas from Santa Rosalía four times a week. Tickets are $65.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe