- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
The Zacatecas La Calera airport (ZCL) is 29 km (18 mi) north of town. Aeromar flies from Mexico City to Zacatecas. Mexicana has direct flights from Chicago (though at this writing, Mexicana is reorganizing; check this route's availability before planning travel). Taxis from the airport into town cost around $17; the Aerotransportes shuttle service costs about the same. The Zacatecas bus depot is a couple of miles southwest of the town center. Omnibus de México and Estrella Blanca make the 5½-hour trip between Querétaro and Zacatecas ($27). There are no direct buses from San Miguel de Allende, but you can take a bus to Querétaro and transfer, or drive from there on excellent state highways in less than four hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's