- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Heartland has a superb climate—rarely does it get overly hot, even in midsummer, and although winter days can get nippy, especially in northern Zacatecas, they're generally temperate.
Average temperatures in Morelia range from 20°C (68°F) in May to just under 13°C (55°F) in January. Zacatecas is more extreme, with winter temperatures as low as 0°C (32°F) and snow flurries every several years, and summer highs of 28°C–30°C (81°F–85°F). Expect cool nights year-round in most of the region's cities.
The Heartland's rainy season hits between June and October and is strongest in July and August. At this time, the semiarid countryside comes to life with pink, yellow, and blue wildflowers, and the farms offer up fresh vegetables and fruits.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's