When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
The good news is that for the most part, high season is limited to Christmas, Easter, and the weeks around regional festivals. San Miguel's at its busiest in September, when it honors the Mexican Revolution and Independence; in mid-August during the International Chamber Music Festival; and in late November for the International Jazz Festival. Tourism also spikes during the Day of the Dead celebrations in Pátzcuaro on November 1–2; during Morelia's International Organ Festival in May; and during Guanajuato's International Cervantes Festival in October.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's