- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Querétaro (QRO) has the closest airport to San Miguel. The 45-minute drive costs less than $50 by taxi. However, the more commonly used airport is León; most travelers arrange for van pickup by Viajes San Miguel (415/152–2537 email@example.com), for a cost of $30 and a trip of an hour and 15 minutes. Another option is San Miguel Airport Shuttle (415/152–1999 firstname.lastname@example.org). Primera Plus has first-class service from Mexico City's Central Norte station to San Miguel. The trip takes 3½ hours and costs $20–$25. First-class service by Primera Plus from Guadalajara takes 5½ hours and costs $25–$35. First-class bus lines such as Autobuses Americanos offer direct bus service from cities in Texas for under $100. Driving from Mexico City to San Miguel (290 km [180 mi]) takes roughly four hours via the excellent Highway 57 (to Querétaro). San Miguel has big parking lots on Insurgentes 31 between Hidalgo and Reloj ($1.50 an hour) and on Insurgentes 63 between Hernández Macías and Hidalgo ($1 an hour). Some close at 8 pm. San Miguel Rent a Car has a selection of manual- and automatic-transmission vehicles.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's