- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
At a Glance
- breathtaking views of lake
- inviting communal dining room
- away from city, up a steep road
- fills up easily
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Ixhi Review
This rustic lodge is up a winding road about 10 minutes outside of Pátzcuaro, but it's worth the bumpy ride for the stunning views of the lake (from atop El Estribo, rising far above the city) and Janítzio Island. There's also a small patio strung with hammocks. Some rooms have private terraces and kitchens; all rooms vary in size. This is a great value; reserve well in advance, as yoga groups sometimes take over the entire estate.
- Address: Subida al Estribo Grande 48, ; head out to periférico and follow signs to Estribo Pátzcuaro, 61600
- Phone: 434/342–6807
- Location: Pátzcuaro
- 4 rooms, 54 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more