- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
At a Glance
- breathtaking views of lake
- inviting communal dining room
- away from city, up a steep road
- fills up easily
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Ixhi Review
This rustic lodge is up a winding road about 10 minutes outside of Pátzcuaro, but it's worth the bumpy ride for the stunning views of the lake (from atop El Estribo, rising far above the city) and Janítzio Island. There's also a small patio strung with hammocks. Some rooms have private terraces and kitchens; all rooms vary in size. This is a great value; reserve well in advance, as yoga groups sometimes take over the entire estate.
- Address: Subida al Estribo Grande 48, ; head out to periférico and follow signs to Estribo Pátzcuaro, 61600
- Phone: 434/342–6807
- Location: Pátzcuaro
- 4 rooms, 54 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are thinking of visiting Puerto Vallarata in March 2015 for our honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more