- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Las Mercedes Review
Located a 10-minute cab ride above the city, this family-run restaurant with only six tables is in a private home with a panoramic view; for the full effect, be sure to reserve a table near the front. The food is "Mexican artisanal," updates of family recipes going back to the chef's grandmother (and the restaurant's namesake). The small, seasonal menu emphasizes meat and fish, including salmón negro served with a tangy black mole, and pollo mole verde de pistacho (chicken breast in a delicate green sauce). For dessert, don't miss the pan de elote, a warm corn cake topped with homemade caramel ice cream.
- Address: Calle de Arriba 6, San Javier, Guanajuato, 36000
- Phone: 473/732–7375
- Location: Guanajuato
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more