Mi balcon de la habitacion
Entrance from the street
From the entrance looking towards the plaza
Formerly the Casa de Moneda, where ore was taken to be refined after leaving the mines, this quiet four-story lodging was built in 1673 and turned into a hotel in the mid-1960s. It has whitewashed plaster and wood-beam rooms arranged around a small maze of stairways, landings, and courtyards. Some rooms have excellent views of the Pípila, Teatro Juárez, and Jardín de la Unión, which is a half-block away. Make sure to dine in the adjacent restaurant, La Capellina.