- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Casa del Conde de la Valenciana
Casa del Conde de la Valenciana Review
Across from La Valenciana is this refurbished 18th-century home whose colonial aura enhances the touristy but serviceable restaurant. Among the highlights are the crema de aguacate con tequila (cream of avocado with tequila) served in a bowl made of ice, tender lomo en salsa de ciruela pasa (pork shoulder in prune sauce), and pollo a la flor de calabaza (chicken with poblano chili slices and squash-blossom sauce). Round out the meal with mango ice cream served in the rind.
- Address: Carretera Guanajuato–Dolores Hidalgo, Km 5, La Valenciana, Guanajuato, 36000
- Phone: 473/732–2550
- Location: Guanajuato
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more