Templo de la Compañía
Templo de la Compañía Review
Michoacán's first cathedral was begun in 1540 by order of Vasco de Quiroga and completed in 1546. When the state capital was moved to Morelia some 20 years later, the church was taken over by the Jesuits. It remains much as it was in the 16th century. Moss has grown over the crumbling stone steps outside; the dank interior is planked with thick wood floors and lined with bare wood benches.
View deals in San Miguel de Allende and the Heartland for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More