San Miguel de Allende and the Heartland Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Eating Green in San Miguel
The local-food movement is alive and well in San Miguel. With several nearby farms now specializing in organic food, San Miguel has seen the addition of restaurants focusing on natural ingredients. Here are a few places to try.
Cafe Rama offers innovative seasonal selections with an international slant, such as Southeast Asian chicken salad and lamb shepherd's pie. Calle Nueva 7, El Centro, San Miguel de Allende. 415/154-9655.
Café Tapas shares a pleasant space with Vía Orgánica, a popular organic food store, and offers salads, soups, and other light fare. Margarito Ledesma 2, Colonia Guadalupe, San Miguel de Allende. 415/154–8131.
El Tomato features Italian- and Argentine-inspired cooking including pastas, soups, and salads, with a wide vegetarian selection. Mesones 62, El Centro, San Miguel de Allende. 415/154-6390.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's