- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Just a short hop from Tequisquiapan and the vineyards of Freixenet, the village of Bernal has been named by the Mexican government as a ��Pueblo Mágico," meaning it's considered one of the most beautiful towns in the country. Its claim to fame is its scenic peña, or rock, one of the largest monoliths in the world, which rises 1,150 feet above the town and can be seen for miles away. Though some people come to climb it, many more come just to bask in its supposedly mystical aura. The village itself, with about 5,000 people, is cute as a button, with restaurants, cafés, and shops selling minerals and jewelry, all within a few blocks.
Elsewhere in San Miguel de Allende and the Heartland
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's