- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Museo Naval Review
Overlooking the bay and boardwalk, Vallarta's snug little maritime museum café is across the way from the main plaza. The coffee bar at the back produces great coffee, and from the kitchen come fresh-squeezed orange juice, enchiladas, tortas (sandwiches), and other typical Mexican dishes. Brushed-metal tables, ceiling fans, and purse racks make this second-story snack shop a pleasant way to start off the day. The Mexican sailors who wait tables look a bit shy, almost like they'd rather be swabbing the deck than play-acting as waiters, but they certainly look sweet in their crisp white uniforms and sailor caps. Hours are 9 am to 7:40 pm Tuesday through Friday, opening an hour later on weekends.
- Address: Calle Zaragoza 4, at the malecón Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/223–5357
- Location: Centro and Environs
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Hi everyone, would love you r opinon on whether this is too much for the short amount of time for a couple in their late 20s who like culture, history, FOOD, jungle/nature/beaches. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more