- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo Naval Review
Overlooking the bay and boardwalk, Vallarta's snug little maritime museum café is across the way from the main plaza. The coffee bar at the back produces great coffee, and from the kitchen come fresh-squeezed orange juice, enchiladas, tortas (sandwiches), and other typical Mexican dishes. Brushed-metal tables, ceiling fans, and purse racks make this second-story snack shop a pleasant way to start off the day. The Mexican sailors who wait tables look a bit shy, almost like they'd rather be swabbing the deck than play-acting as waiters, but they certainly look sweet in their crisp white uniforms and sailor caps. Hours are 9 am to 7:40 pm Tuesday through Friday, opening an hour later on weekends.
- Address: Calle Zaragoza 4, at the malecón Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/223–5357
- Location: Centro and Environs
- Closed Mon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more