- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
La Coleguita Review
This restaurant, an offshoot of the Marina Vallarta original, is on the highway just north of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, across the road from the entrance to La Manzanilla beach. Waiters bring a generous serving of free tequila to your table soon after you arrive, along with a small bowl of shrimp broth to open the appetite and a basket of crispy tostadas with a few types of fresh salsas. But what really impresses the crowds are the enormous platters of shrimp (breaded, spicy, or sautéed in garlic) served with a small salad and a big scoop of rice. You can order a whole red snapper or a generous fish fillet as well. It's open from 1 pm to 8 pm.
- Address: Carretera Punta de Mita, Km 4, across from the entrance to La Manzanilla beach, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Puerto Vallarta, 48315
- Phone: 322/108–9725
- Location: Around Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Hi everyone, would love you r opinon on whether this is too much for the short amount of time for a couple in their late 20s who like culture, history, FOOD, jungle/nature/beaches. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more