- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Coleguita Review
This restaurant, an offshoot of the Marina Vallarta original, is on the highway just north of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, across the road from the entrance to La Manzanilla beach. Waiters bring a generous serving of free tequila to your table soon after you arrive, along with a small bowl of shrimp broth to open the appetite and a basket of crispy tostadas with a few types of fresh salsas. But what really impresses the crowds are the enormous platters of shrimp (breaded, spicy, or sautéed in garlic) served with a small salad and a big scoop of rice. You can order a whole red snapper or a generous fish fillet as well. It's open from 1 pm to 8 pm.
- Address: Carretera Punta de Mita, Km 4, across from the entrance to La Manzanilla beach, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Puerto Vallarta, 48315
- Phone: 322/108–9725
- Location: Around Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
I would like to vacation in Ixtapa in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more