- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
At a Glance
- luxurious apartments
- spacious grounds
- variety of dining options
- possible construction noise from ongoing building
- lack of real town nearby
Check Rates from our Partners
La Tranquila Review
The government-and-private-invested Litibú in Punta Mita project got off to a rocky start when the world economy tanked in 2008. Some Litibú projects are now nearing completion, including "The Tranquil" condo hotels, spread over many acres. Interiors are masculine and contemporary, with a muted color scheme. There are seven swimming pools, each with attached bar and snacking opportunities. Families are welcomed, and there are plenty of chapoteaderos, or "kiddie pools." If you're a golfer, ask for a room closest to the new, 18-hole Greg Norman course. By the end of 2011, 140 new suites are scheduled to be completed.
- Address: Carretera a Punta Mita Km 2, Playa Litibú, Punta de Mita, Puerto Vallarta, 63734
- Phone: 800/628–9857
- Website: www.latranquilaresorts.com
- Location: Puerto Vallarta
- 169 apartments, from studios to 3-bedroom units.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more