- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- luxurious apartments
- spacious grounds
- variety of dining options
- possible construction noise from ongoing building
- lack of real town nearby
La Tranquila Review
The government-and-private-invested Litibú in Punta Mita project got off to a rocky start when the world economy tanked in 2008. Some Litibú projects are now nearing completion, including "The Tranquil" condo hotels, spread over many acres. Interiors are masculine and contemporary, with a muted color scheme. There are seven swimming pools, each with attached bar and snacking opportunities. Families are welcomed, and there are plenty of chapoteaderos, or "kiddie pools." If you're a golfer, ask for a room closest to the new, 18-hole Greg Norman course. By the end of 2011, 140 new suites are scheduled to be completed.
- Address: Carretera a Punta Mita Km 2, Playa Litibú, Punta de Mita, Puerto Vallarta, 63734
- Phone: 800/628–9857
- Website: www.latranquilaresorts.com
- Location: Puerto Vallarta
- 169 apartments, from studios to 3-bedroom units.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We stayed in Merida, Mexico for a week at hotel called Luz En Yucatan. Read more
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
We are looking for an all inclusive 7 day package to go to Mexico in either February or March this year. Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more