- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- simple luxury
- no electronic distractions
- Watsu massage and yoga classes
- Wi-Fi keeps guests in reasonable contact with the world
- accessible to Puerto Vallarta only by boat
- five- to seven-night minimum
- depending on season
- steep hike up from boat dock (ask for mule if needed)
Understated luxury and an open-to-nature building design describe this eight-suite boutique property located in a jungle about an hour south of Vallarta. Built into the hillside overlooking lovely Yelapa Bay, Verana is sleek and contemporary yet surrounded by nature and built of locally available materials. Each of the freestanding suites has a different view and feel; several have outdoor showers and all are warm, inviting, and romantic. All have ceiling fan but just a few have air-conditioning. Three meals a day plus tax and transportation are included in the price. Horses can be rented for treks into the jungle, and there are casual and atmospheric local "dive" restaurants for those who want to rub shoulders with hoi polloi—both locals and Yelapa's dedicated foreign and ex-pat population.
- Address: Playa de Yelapa, Domicilio Conocido (30-minute boat ride west from Boca de Tomatlan), Playa de Yelapa, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/222–0878
- Website: www.verana.com
- Location: South Along Banderas Bay
- 8 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June 8–Oct.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
I would like to vacation in Ixtapa in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more