- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
At a Glance
- simple luxury
- no electronic distractions
- Watsu massage and yoga classes
- Wi-Fi keeps guests in reasonable contact with the world
- accessible to Puerto Vallarta only by boat
- five- to seven-night minimum
- depending on season
- steep hike up from boat dock (ask for mule if needed)
Check Rates from our Partners
Understated luxury and an open-to-nature building design describe this eight-suite boutique property located in a jungle about an hour south of Vallarta. Built into the hillside overlooking lovely Yelapa Bay, Verana is sleek and contemporary yet surrounded by nature and built of locally available materials. Each of the freestanding suites has a different view and feel; several have outdoor showers and all are warm, inviting, and romantic. All have ceiling fan but just a few have air-conditioning. Three meals a day plus tax and transportation are included in the price. Horses can be rented for treks into the jungle, and there are casual and atmospheric local "dive" restaurants for those who want to rub shoulders with hoi polloi—both locals and Yelapa's dedicated foreign and ex-pat population.
- Address: Playa de Yelapa, Domicilio Conocido (30-minute boat ride west from Boca de Tomatlan), Playa de Yelapa, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/222–0878
- Website: www.verana.com
- Location: South Along Banderas Bay
- 8 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June 8–Oct.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are planning a trip to PdC for the end of May and looking to rent a condo at Corto Maltes. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more