- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Coleguita Review
Just what you needed in the middle of the day: free tequila shots. Waiters at this super-popular family- and businessperson-oriented restaurant bring a generous serving of tequila to your table soon after you arrive, along with a small bowl of shrimp broth to open the appetite and a basket of crispy tostadas with a few types of fresh salsas. But what really impresses the crowds are the enormous platters of shrimp (breaded, spicy, or sautéed in garlic) served with a small salad and a big scoop of rice. You can order a whole red snapper or a generous fish fillet as well. The ambience at this patio restaurant facing the boats and the marina is casual and festive; the crowd hums with contentment while other restaurants nearby seemingly have been drained of clientele. It's open from 1 pm to 8 pm.
- Address: Calle Popa s/n, Condominios Marina del Rey, Local 17, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, 48335
- Phone: 322/108-9726
- Location: Marina Vallarta
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67-$74 -- Puerto Vallarta-Area All-Inclusive, up to 50% Off Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $399 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beach Escapes w/Air — $399 Vacation Express
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820 — $899 Apple Vacations
How to get a healthful life ? Read more
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
We head to the Riviera Maya on the 31st of May. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more