- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
La Coleguita Review
Just what you needed in the middle of the day: free tequila shots. Waiters at this super-popular family- and businessperson-oriented restaurant bring a generous serving of tequila to your table soon after you arrive, along with a small bowl of shrimp broth to open the appetite and a basket of crispy tostadas with a few types of fresh salsas. But what really impresses the crowds are the enormous platters of shrimp (breaded, spicy, or sautéed in garlic) served with a small salad and a big scoop of rice. You can order a whole red snapper or a generous fish fillet as well. The ambience at this patio restaurant facing the boats and the marina is casual and festive; the crowd hums with contentment while other restaurants nearby seemingly have been drained of clientele. It's open from 1 pm to 8 pm.
- Address: Calle Popa s/n, Condominios Marina del Rey, Local 17, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, 48335
- Phone: 322/108–9726
- Location: Marina Vallarta
- No credit cards.
- Closed Tues.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more