- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Playa Review
The owners of La Ola Rica, just up the street, have opened this more casual lunch spot right on the sand of San Pancho's beach, squeezed between twin headlands. Sit at a table near the full bar (which specializes in mojitos) or settle into a chaise longue closer to the water's edge. Choose a roast beef or chipotle chicken sandwich, fish-and-chips (with crunchy wedge-cut fries and fresh mahimahi), a couple of fish tacos, or a shrimp tostada. Lively tropical tunes and lacy coconut palms complete the idyllic picture. You can walk off your meal along the beach or sleep it off on your plastic, umbrella-shaded chaise. Behind the restaurant are several snug, second-story bungalows with kitchenette for rent.
- Address: On the beach, San Francisco, Puerto Vallarta, 63729
- Phone: 311/258-4381
- Location: North of Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $84 -- Puerto Vallarta Adults-Only All-Incl. Resort, 50% Off — $84 Bookit.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Hola my Fodor's lovers of Mexico. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more