- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
La Playa Review
The owners of La Ola Rica, just up the street, have opened this more casual lunch spot right on the sand of San Pancho's beach, squeezed between twin headlands. Sit at a table near the full bar (which specializes in mojitos) or settle into a chaise longue closer to the water's edge. Choose a roast beef or chipotle chicken sandwich, fish-and-chips (with crunchy wedge-cut fries and fresh mahimahi), a couple of fish tacos, or a shrimp tostada. Lively tropical tunes and lacy coconut palms complete the idyllic picture. You can walk off your meal along the beach or sleep it off on your plastic, umbrella-shaded chaise. Behind the restaurant are several snug, second-story bungalows with kitchenette for rent.
- Address: On the beach, San Francisco, Puerto Vallarta, 63729
- Phone: 311/258–4381
- Location: North of Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more