- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Comedor de Sra. Heladia
Comedor de Sra. Heladia Review
Here you can glimpse the real Old Vallarta. A short but steep walk up from the malecón is this neighborhood dining room, which serves construction workers and locals. It's in a typical one-story Vallarta house of whitewashed brick with a red-tile roof and a burnished-cement floor. The lady of the house serves breakfast from 8 to 11 am and a limited later meal of two or three entrées, served between 1 and 5 pm. Choices like meatballs in tomato sauce, pork chops, or pig's feet are usually accompanied by rice, beans, homemade salsa, and a basket of hot tortillas. There's no menu, and you'll need to communicate in basic Spanish.
- Address: Calle Aldama at Calle Matamoros, Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/223–9612
- Location: Centro and Environs
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more