- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Comedor de Sra. Heladia
Comedor de Sra. Heladia Review
Here you can glimpse the real Old Vallarta. A short but steep walk up from the malecón is this neighborhood dining room, which serves construction workers and locals. It's in a typical one-story Vallarta house of whitewashed brick with a red-tile roof and a burnished-cement floor. The lady of the house serves breakfast from 8 to 11 am and a limited later meal of two or three entrées, served between 1 and 5 pm. Choices like meatballs in tomato sauce, pork chops, or pig's feet are usually accompanied by rice, beans, homemade salsa, and a basket of hot tortillas. There's no menu, and you'll need to communicate in basic Spanish.
- Address: Calle Aldama at Calle Matamoros, Centro, Puerto Vallarta, 48300
- Phone: 322/223–9612
- Location: Centro and Environs
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun. No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Hi everyone, would love you r opinon on whether this is too much for the short amount of time for a couple in their late 20s who like culture, history, FOOD, jungle/nature/beaches. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more