- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Ambar Del Mare
Ambar Del Mare Review
A French chef from Provence brings a welcome addition to Barra's circumspect culinary scene, along with good thin-crust pizzas, escargots, crepes, and other tasty French and Italian fare. Of the many pasta dishes, the lasagna, cannelloni, and ravioli use pasta made from scratch. The restaurant's compact size and good tunes, along with the small bar in the middle and the few tables looking out over the beach, give it a bistro feel.
- Address: Calle López de Legazpi 158, by Hotel Alondra Barra de Navidad, 48987
- Phone: 315/355–8169
- Location: Costalegre
- No credit cards.
- Closed May–Nov. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
My husband and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more