- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
At a Glance
- fabulous beds and pillows
- impressive architecture and landscaping
- attentive but not overzealous staff
- concierge service
- small beach
- no ocean views from lower floors
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta Review
Hot pink! Electric yellow! Color aside, the Westin's buildings evoke ancient temples and are about as mammoth in size. There's not a bad sightline anywhere, whether you're gazing out to the leafy courtyard or down an orange-tile, brightly painted corridor lined with Mexican art. The jarring echoes here are tempered by the rush of an enormous water feature. In the spacious, balconied rooms concrete-and-stone floors massage bare feet, and top-of-the-line mattresses with soft duvets make for heavenly siestas. Guest quarters above the sixth floor have ocean views; those below face the 600 palm trees surrounding four beautiful pools.
- Address: Paseo de la Marina Sur 205, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, 48354 | Map It
- Phone: 322/226–1100; 800/228–3000 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.starwoodhotels.com
- Location: Marina Vallarta
- 266 rooms, 14 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more