- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- great place to socialize
- good breakfast buffet
- concierge service
- five-minute walk to the malecón and downtown
- balconies are small, no parking
- fee to use next-door gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa Review
The location on downtown's northern edge is just a few blocks from the malecón, shops, hotels, and restaurants. The beach has gentle waves, but with brown sand and rocks. Views up and down the bay are great; it attracts more fishermen and people walking or jogging than bathers. There's a lively pool scene; the adults-only area, a shallow pool with submerged chaise longues facing the sea, is a big part of the draw. Rooms are cheerful, with wood furniture, bright white linens, and tastefully subdued accent colors. Ocean-facing balconies are tiny, and if you sit, you can't see a thing. Still, the sum of the whole makes up for any deficiencies, and the all-inclusive rate is a good deal, especially for families.
- Address: Av. México 1301, Col. 5 de Diciembre, Puerto Vallarta, 48350 | Map It
- Phone: 322/226–7000; 888/859–9439 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.hotelbuenaventura.com.mx
- Location: Centro and Environs
- 216 rooms, 18 suites.
- Rate includes no meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more