- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- great place to socialize
- good breakfast buffet
- concierge service
- five-minute walk to the malecón and downtown
- balconies are small, no parking
- fee to use next-door gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa Review
The location on downtown's northern edge is just a few blocks from the malecón, shops, hotels, and restaurants. The beach has gentle waves, but with brown sand and rocks. Views up and down the bay are great; it attracts more fishermen and people walking or jogging than bathers. There's a lively pool scene; the adults-only area, a shallow pool with submerged chaise longues facing the sea, is a big part of the draw. Rooms are cheerful, with wood furniture, bright white linens, and tastefully subdued accent colors. Ocean-facing balconies are tiny, and if you sit, you can't see a thing. Still, the sum of the whole makes up for any deficiencies, and the all-inclusive rate is a good deal, especially for families.
- Address: Av. México 1301, Col. 5 de Diciembre, Puerto Vallarta, 48350 | Map It
- Phone: 322/226–7000; 888/859–9439 in U.S. and Canada
- Website: www.hotelbuenaventura.com.mx
- Location: Centro and Environs
- 216 rooms, 18 suites.
- Rate includes no meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more