- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Las Villitas Tenacatita
At a Glance
- right on the beach
- beautiful bay
- doors and windows are screened
- little nightlife nearby
- no TV
- no a/c
- no Internet
Check Rates from our Partners
Las Villitas Tenacatita Review
Las Villitas is a wonderful place to kick back on one of Pacific Mexico's most beautiful bays: Tenacatita. Each of the compact bungalows has a bathroom with tub rather than just a shower, a small sitting room with two single beds that double as couches, kitchenette, and a separate bedroom with a king-size bed. Standard rooms have no tub or kitchen but are nearly half the price. Both types are cheerfully painted and have large glass doors that make it easy to take in the beach views. You can borrow a kayak for a jaunt into the bay or use the volleyball or multisport fields on the beach. Ask for discounts on stays Monday through Thursday in low season.
- Address: Playa Tenacatita, Calle Bahía de Tenacatita 376, Bahía Tenacatita, Jalisco 49989
- Phone: 315/355–5354; 01800/980–7060 toll-free in Mexico
- Website: www.lasvillitas.com.mx
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 5 rooms, 10 bungalows.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Well I've been researching lots of possibilities for a family vacation for this coming November & decided to add your opinions to my final decision just in case I am overlooking something. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more