- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Coconuts by the Sea
At a Glance
- homey apartments
- great sea views
- very nice beaches on Tenacatita Bay
- its few rooms make last-minute reservations unlikely
- long downhill walk to the beach
- car is almost a must unless you're staying put
- to pay by credit card, must use PayPal in advance
Coconuts by the Sea Review
A friendly couple of American expats own and run this charming cliff-top hideaway with a drop-dead-gorgeous view of the ocean and Boca de Iguana Beach below. The furniture is stylish, and homey touches like lamps and fish-theme wall decorations make the snug apartments just right for holing up. The two apartments upstairs, with thatched roofs and kitchen and living room open to the elements, are not usually available in summer due to the rain; the rest of the year they're highly coveted. One has an outdoor shower with a view.
- Address: Playa Boca de Iguanas, 6 Dolphin Way, Bahía Tenacatita, Jalisco 48987 | Map It
- Phone: 315/100–8899 cell; 949/945–7465 in U.S. or Canada
- Website: www.coconutsbythesea.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more