- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Coconuts by the Sea
At a Glance
- homey apartments
- great sea views
- very nice beaches on Tenacatita Bay
- its few rooms make last-minute reservations unlikely
- long downhill walk to the beach
- car is almost a must unless you're staying put
- to pay by credit card, must use PayPal in advance
Check Rates from our Partners
Coconuts by the Sea Review
A friendly couple of American expats own and run this charming cliff-top hideaway with a drop-dead-gorgeous view of the ocean and Boca de Iguana Beach below. The furniture is stylish, and homey touches like lamps and fish-theme wall decorations make the snug apartments just right for holing up. The two apartments upstairs, with thatched roofs and kitchen and living room open to the elements, are not usually available in summer due to the rain; the rest of the year they're highly coveted. One has an outdoor shower with a view.
- Address: Playa Boca de Iguanas, 6 Dolphin Way, Bahía Tenacatita, Jalisco 48987 | Map It
- Phone: 315/100–8899 cell; 949/945–7465 in U.S. or Canada
- Website: www.coconutsbythesea.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more