- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
At a Glance
- free airport pickup before 6 pm with at least three-night stay
- lap pool
- free cocktail (or two) Monday through Saturday afternoons
- large breakfast with Mexican specialties
- up a steep road (best for those with a car)
- little nightlife in area
- rooms have lots of knickknacks
- three-night minimum stay in high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Villa Bella Review
Tropical plants give character to this intimate property where the owner gives her personal attention to guests. The homey hotel is on a hill above quiet La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, just north of Bucerías. Choose a garden-view or ocean-facing suite; several have a terrace overlooking the coast, and a large dining area/kitchen and living room. A big breakfast is served in the open-air dining room; the adjacent common area has a computer with Internet access and DVD and CD players. The small swimming pool overlooks a jungly hillside and beyond, the marina, and the town of Huanacaxtle.
- Address: Calle del Monte Calvario 12, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit 63732
- Phone: 329/295–5161; 329/295–5154; 877/273–6244 toll-free in U.S.; 877/513–1662 toll-free in Canada
- Website: www.villabella-lacruz.com
- Location: Puerto Vallarta
- 2 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more