- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- free airport pickup before 6 pm with at least three-night stay
- lap pool
- free cocktail (or two) Monday through Saturday afternoons
- large breakfast with Mexican specialties
- up a steep road (best for those with a car)
- little nightlife in area
- rooms have lots of knickknacks
- three-night minimum stay in high season
Villa Bella Review
Tropical plants give character to this intimate property where the owner gives her personal attention to guests. The homey hotel is on a hill above quiet La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, just north of Bucerías. Choose a garden-view or ocean-facing suite; several have a terrace overlooking the coast, and a large dining area/kitchen and living room. A big breakfast is served in the open-air dining room; the adjacent common area has a computer with Internet access and DVD and CD players. The small swimming pool overlooks a jungly hillside and beyond, the marina, and the town of Huanacaxtle.
- Address: Calle del Monte Calvario 12, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Nayarit 63732
- Phone: 329/295–5161; 329/295–5154; 877/273–6244 toll-free in U.S.; 877/513–1662 toll-free in Canada
- Website: www.villabella-lacruz.com
- Location: Puerto Vallarta
- 2 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
Hi...is there a less known airport (than Cancun) if we want to visit mexican pyramids? Flying into Cancun seems so expensive for the christmas break (Yes, unfortunately, we were unable to plan a vacatio Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more