- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Playa Conchas Chinas
At a Glance
- excellent view of rock-framed Conchas Chinas Beach
- good weekend breakfast buffet at nonaffiliated restaurant overlooking the beach
- few bothersome vendors on the beach
- friendly staff
- some units smell funky
- worn-out furnishings
- long trip into Puerto Vallarta
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Playa Conchas Chinas Review
Studios here have functional kitchenettes, basic cookware, and somewhat thin mattresses on wood-frame beds. Each has a small tiled tub as well as a shower. The real pluses of this plain-Jane hotel are the balconies with spectacular beach views and the location above rocky, picturesque Conchas Chinas Beach. Guests love the sound of the crashing waves at night, and most can ignore the tired furnishings because of the super location and the popular restaurant overlooking the beach below. It's about a 25-minute walk from downtown Puerto Vallarta along the sand. Lots of stairs make it a poor choice for people with mobility problems.
- Address: Carretera a Barra de Navidad (Carretera 200), Km 2.5, Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta, 48380 | Map It
- Phone: 322/221–5763; 322/221–5230
- Website: www.conchaschinas.com
- Location: South Along Banderas Bay
- 21 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
I am off to the Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort for a week and am wondering if there is anything interesting to do in the environs. Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more