- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Hotel Playa Conchas Chinas
At a Glance
- excellent view of rock-framed Conchas Chinas Beach
- good weekend breakfast buffet at nonaffiliated restaurant overlooking the beach
- few bothersome vendors on the beach
- friendly staff
- some units smell funky
- worn-out furnishings
- long trip into Puerto Vallarta
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Playa Conchas Chinas Review
Studios here have functional kitchenettes, basic cookware, and somewhat thin mattresses on wood-frame beds. Each has a small tiled tub as well as a shower. The real pluses of this plain-Jane hotel are the balconies with spectacular beach views and the location above rocky, picturesque Conchas Chinas Beach. Guests love the sound of the crashing waves at night, and most can ignore the tired furnishings because of the super location and the popular restaurant overlooking the beach below. It's about a 25-minute walk from downtown Puerto Vallarta along the sand. Lots of stairs make it a poor choice for people with mobility problems.
- Address: Carretera a Barra de Navidad (Carretera 200), Km 2.5, Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta, 48380 | Map It
- Phone: 322/221–5763; 322/221–5230
- Website: www.conchaschinas.com
- Location: South Along Banderas Bay
- 21 rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more