- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Tapas del Mundo
Tapas del Mundo Review
Here, worldly recipes of this and that are served in small plates perfect for sharing. Sit at the long, U-shaped bar around the open kitchen or at a second table behind it. The cooks, who look like unassuming local girls wearing shorts and T-shirts, produce wonderful daily special dishes with ingredients found fresh that day as well as the restaurant's standards, like shrimp with guajillo chilies served with homemade tortillas, goat cheese with herbs (a small portion), Anaheim chilies stuffed with goat cheese, or Oriental beef strips. Better order a second dish of the delightful breaded green olives—you'll be fighting over them. The owner's one-man stand-up routine can be entertaining or a bit overbearing, depending on your mood. The Bar Above, upstairs, sells desserts, coffee, and mixed drinks.
- Address: Corner of Av. Mexico and Av. Hidalgo, 2 blocks north of central plaza Bucerías, 63732
- Phone: 329/298–1194
- Location: Around Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed June–Sept. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Well I've been researching lots of possibilities for a family vacation for this coming November & decided to add your opinions to my final decision just in case I am overlooking something. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more