- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Tapas del Mundo
Tapas del Mundo Review
Here, worldly recipes of this and that are served in small plates perfect for sharing. Sit at the long, U-shaped bar around the open kitchen or at a second table behind it. The cooks, who look like unassuming local girls wearing shorts and T-shirts, produce wonderful daily special dishes with ingredients found fresh that day as well as the restaurant's standards, like shrimp with guajillo chilies served with homemade tortillas, goat cheese with herbs (a small portion), Anaheim chilies stuffed with goat cheese, or Oriental beef strips. Better order a second dish of the delightful breaded green olives—you'll be fighting over them. The owner's one-man stand-up routine can be entertaining or a bit overbearing, depending on your mood. The Bar Above, upstairs, sells desserts, coffee, and mixed drinks.
- Address: Corner of Av. Mexico and Av. Hidalgo, 2 blocks north of central plaza Bucerías, 63732
- Phone: 329/298–1194
- Location: Around Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed June–Sept. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
I am off to the Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort for a week and am wondering if there is anything interesting to do in the environs. Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more