- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Tapas del Mundo
Tapas del Mundo Review
Here, worldly recipes of this and that are served in small plates perfect for sharing. Sit at the long, U-shaped bar around the open kitchen or at a second table behind it. The cooks, who look like unassuming local girls wearing shorts and T-shirts, produce wonderful daily special dishes with ingredients found fresh that day as well as the restaurant's standards, like shrimp with guajillo chilies served with homemade tortillas, goat cheese with herbs (a small portion), Anaheim chilies stuffed with goat cheese, or Oriental beef strips. Better order a second dish of the delightful breaded green olives—you'll be fighting over them. The owner's one-man stand-up routine can be entertaining or a bit overbearing, depending on your mood. The Bar Above, upstairs, sells desserts, coffee, and mixed drinks.
- Address: Corner of Av. Mexico and Av. Hidalgo, 2 blocks north of central plazaBucerías, 63732
- Phone: 329/298-1194
- Location: Around Banderas Bay
- No credit cards.
- Closed June--Sept. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $149 -- Luxe All-Inclusive Cancun Resort, Reg. $257 BookIt.com
- $103-$131 -- Cancun Oceanfront All-Inclusive Resort, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $519 & up -- All-Incl. 4-Star Riviera Maya Resort w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
- $3.42 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
This is our 3rd condo rental visit to PDC. Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more