- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Los Alcatraces Review
For a breakfast of chilaquiles that are crisp, not soggy, come to "The Calla Lilies." Café de olla, real Mexican coffee simmered with cinnamon and panela (unrefined brown sugar), is served in a keep-warm carafe; crumbly white cheese is delivered from a ranch in the nearby hills. All meals are economical, especially the combo plate: a quesadilla, chiles rellenos, skirt steak, rice, beans, and a taco. Weekdays, a fixed-price lunch for under $5 consists of soup, main dish, beans, and a fruit drink. This is a good, authentic-Mexican option for people staying in the Hotel Zone, although adjectives like "charming" and "picturesque" do not apply.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $669 & up -- Cabo All-Inclusive 5-Night Trip w/Air, $200 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting ... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta.... Read more