- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Punta Serena Villas & Spa
At a Glance
- gorgeous views
- intriguing spa treatments
- complimentary horseback ride and mangrove cruise
- limited menu
- cobblestone walkways and hills make walking difficult for some folks
Check Rates from our Partners
Punta Serena Villas & Spa Review
Guests come from New York and Italy to this adults-only oasis of calm. Perched on a beautiful headland, "Point Serene" enjoys balmy breezes and life-changing views from the infinity hot tub. The hot tub, the beach far below, and pool are clothing optional. Spa treatments are inventive: Roses and red wine promote moisturizing; carotene and honey contribute to a glowing tan; and the Mayan Wrap connects you herbally to the glowing god within. Shamans leads a temazcal (ritual healing steam ceremony) twice weekly, and activities like horseback riding, tennis (three courts), and nonmotorized water sports at the adjacent Blue Bay hotel are included in the price. Additionally, rooms have lovely furnishings and decor and shared or private terraces, some with fab beach views.
- Address: Carretera Barra de Navidad–Puerto Vallarta (Carretera 200), Km 20, Tenacatita, Jalisco 49989 | Map It
- Phone: 315/351–5020
- Website: www.puntaserena.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 12 rooms, 12 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more