- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
At a Glance
- great place to bond with kids of all ages
- lots of planned outdoor activities and tours
- mediocre food
- some guests have complained of disorganized and unhelpful staff members
- stringent cancellation policy
Check Rates from our Partners
Costa Azul Review
What makes this place attractive are the many activities offered: horseback riding, kayaking, hiking, surfing (with lessons), and excursions to the Marietas Islands or La Tobara mangroves near San Blas. The all-inclusive plan, which includes activities, can be arranged through the U.S. office in San Clemente, California, but not in Mexico. But since San Pancho has a number of excellent restaurants, the European Plan is recommended. The sandy beach faces the open ocean, but the staff discourages guests from swimming there. Officially there's no Wi-Fi in guest rooms, but those closest to the restaurant may get access.
- Address: Calle Amapas at Calle Las Palmas, Fracc. Costa Azul San Francisco, Nayarit 63732 | Map It
- Phone: 311/258–4000; 800/365–7613 toll-free in U.S.
- Website: www.costaazul.com
- Location: Puerto Vallarta
- 18 rooms, 5 suites, 3 villas.
- Rate includes no meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more