- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center
At a Glance
- excellent Sunday champagne brunch
- concierge service
- AAA and AARP discounts
- slow elevators
- so-so beach
- faces busy and rather unattractive boulevard
Check Rates from our Partners
Sheraton Buganvilias Resort & Convention Center Review
Juan Carlos Name (pronounced NAH-may), a disciple of modern-minimalist Mexican architect Luis Barragán, designed this looming high-rise near the Hotel Zone's south end and within walking distance of downtown. It's reliable, anonymous, and geared toward conventioneers and other groups. Rooms have a perky, bright, white-and-cherry-red color scheme and very snug and comfortable beds with pillow-top mattresses and downy duvets. This is the closest of the major Zona Hotelera Norte hotels to downtown Puerto Vallarta.
- Address: Blvd. Francisco M. Ascencio 999, Zona Hotelera Norte, Puerto Vallarta, 48330 | Map It
- Phone: 322/226–0404; 800/325–3535
- Website: www.sheratonvallarta.com
- Location: Centro and Environs
- 480 rooms, 120 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more