- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Careyes Beach Resort
At a Glance
- large spa menu
- unique architecture
- on a beautiful cove
- business center has one computer only for guests to check e-mail
- only one on-site restaurant
- 5% service charge
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
El Careyes Beach Resort Review
On a gorgeous bay framed by flowering vegetation, El Careyes is a boldly painted village of a resort. Guest rooms have large windows and private patios or balconies; suites have outdoor hot tubs. Colorful furnishings and artwork create a sophisticated Mexican palette. The full-service spa has fine European beauty and body treatments; a deli sells fine wines, prosciutto, and other necessities of the good life. A full range of water-sports equipment awaits you at the beach, and there are dune buggies and kayaks, too. There are more dining options in the area than at other Costalegre resorts, making a rental car a plus. It's a short walk to pretty Playa Rosa and a short drive to Bahía Tenacatita.
- Address: Carretera a Barra de Navidad (Carretera 200), Km 53.5, Costa Careyes, Jalisco 48970
- Phone: 315/351–0000
- Website: www.elcareyesresort.com
- Location: La Manzanilla and Points North
- 22 rooms, 29 suites, 3 multi-bedroom casitas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
While I have not yet received the pics of the Stripped Marlin I caught in Cabo - the one who jumped completely out of the water at least 8 times (looked like a Rainbow Trout it was so agile - but hey - Read more
hola mi amigos- Just returned from 10 glorious days in my beloved Puerto Vallarta, so here is my new thread for this most recent trip.
The weather was HOT, from 82-87 degree range but hit 95 at couple Read more
I would like to vacation in Ixtapa in 2014. Read more
· News & Features
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over. ... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more
Last week, just before Spring Break season kicked off, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs... Read more