- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Puerto Vallarta, 5th Edition
Playa Los Arcos Beach Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- great Zona Romántica location
- nightly entertainment with theme-cuisine buffet
- small bathrooms
- some rooms have tired furnishings
- tour-group noise in high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Playa Los Arcos Beach Resort & Spa Review
This hotel is recommended for its location: right on the beach and in the midst of Zona Romántica's restaurants, bars, and shops. Though the price is right, some longtime visitors report that quality has slipped in recent years. Still, yellow trumpet vines and lacy palms draped in tiny white lights enliven the pool and the bar-restaurant, which has music nightly and a Mexican fiesta on Saturday evening. Some rooms are larger than others and have a balcony with plastic lounge chairs; balcony rooms are the same price as those without, so ask for a balcony when booking.
- Address: Av. Olas Altas 380, Col. E. Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, 48380 | Map It
- Phone: 322/222–0583; 800/648–2403 in U.S.; 888/729–9590 in Canada; 01800/327–7700 toll-free in Mexico
- Website: www.playalosarcos.com
- Location: Zona Romántica
- 158 rooms, 13 suites.
- Rate includes no meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
I am flying into Cancun with my husband and infant around 3pm on a Friday. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
When it comes to Riviera Nayarit, our advice is go now before the crowds take over.... Read more
While family trips to the zoo can be fun, we recommend taking the experience to another level by getting... Read more