Puerto Vallarta Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Puerto Vallarta
Legendary restaurants: Eat barbecued snapper with your feet in the sand or chateaubriand with a killer ocean view.
Adventure and indulgence: Ride a horse, mountain-bike or go four-wheeling into the mountains, dive into the sea, and relax at an elegant spa—all in one day.
Natural beauty: Enjoy the physical beauty of Pacific Mexico's prettiest resort town, where cobblestone streets disappear into emerald green hills with the big, sparkling bay below.
Authentic art: PV's artists and artisans—from Huichol Indians to expats—produce a huge diversity of exceptional folk treasures and fine art.
Diverse nightlife: Whether you're old, young, gay, straight, mild, or wild, PV's casual and unpretentious party scene has something to entice you after dark.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe