- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Oaxaca is in one of three adjacent valleys encircled by the majestic Sierra Madre del Sur. Mexico's fifth-largest state is bordered by Chiapas to the east, Veracruz and Puebla to the north, and Guerrero to the west. Southern Oaxaca State is blessed with 509 km (316 mi) of Pacific coastline. By the way, it's pronounced wah-hah-ka.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's