- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
El Armadillo Review
It's in a jungly area of Mazunte, on a closed street and so hidden away that you could easily pass right by. But do make an effort to come here, even if you have to stop and ask for directions. The food at this restaurant—owned by Betty (from France) and Raúl (from Mexico City)—is a surprise. Cold beet soup with ginger and fresh fish fillet with a seafood-and-bacon sauce are standouts, as is the fresh-baked bread (you can get it to go). The restaurant also serves as an art gallery, with paintings covering the walls and a sizable sculpture collection. El Armadillo is a great place to wrap up your day, sipping wine on the patio surrounded by nature and art.
- Address: Callejon del Armadillo s/n, Camino a la Playa Rinconcito, Playa Mazunte, Zipolite, Oaxaca 70902
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Zipolite
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more