- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
La Escondida Review
All of the seafood at this local favorite is fresh and reasonably priced. You can eat on the beach or under a palapa on a hill a bit above the beach. The vuelve a la vida (return to life) seafood cocktail is particularly recommended as it has many types of clams as well as shrimp, abalone, squid, and crab. Cabañas are available if you want to take a nap after lunch, and you can arrange for a fishing trip or a dolphin- or whale-watching excursion.
- Address: Calle del Morro s/n, Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca 71980
- Phone: 954/111–8414
- Location: Puerto Escondido
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more