- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The state's leading seaport 100 years ago, Puerto Ángel is today simply a tiny town on a small, somewhat buggy bay. Most hotels are away from the beach, either tucked into a canyon or perched above the bay. The town is a good base for visiting smaller communities like Mazunte, as it has a few more services (including ATMs), though not many. The beaches in town are unspectacular; there are really alluring beaches in nearby coves, and it's easy to hire water taxis to explore them.
Puerto Angel at a Glance
Elsewhere in Oaxaca
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's