- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Aeropuerto Bahias de Huatulco (HUX) is 16 km (10 mi) from Bahía Tangolunda. Continental Express flies from Houston. Otherwise, all domestic connections go through Mexico City.
By car from Oaxaca City, take Carretera 190 to Salina Cruz, where you pick up Carretera 200 to Huatulco. The trip takes seven to eight hours. First-class buses follow the same route and depart from Oaxaca City daily. Driving to Puerto Escondido takes about two hours.
Taxis are plentiful, especially in La Crucecita, and start at $4 from the center of town to the beaches. Many major car-rental agencies have kiosks at the airport, though renting a car isn't necessary unless you want to explore beaches outside of town. Scooter rental is a popular alternative, and there are vendors near the large resorts.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's