Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More
The following should be booked well before or as soon as you get to Mexico City.
1. Reservations at the restaurants Fonda del Recuerdo, Au Pied de Cochon, and Izote.
2. Tickets to Ballet Folklórico de México. There are only three shows a week—the Sunday evening show is particularly popular.
3. An English-speaking guide for the Museo Nacional de Antropología. Call a week in advance.
4. Tickets for important soccer games at Estadio Azteca and Estadio Olímpico (get them at least a week in advance through your hotel concierge).
5. Around holidays, buy first-class bus tickets to other destinations at least a week in advance.