- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The following should be booked well before or as soon as you get to Mexico City.
1. Reservations at the restaurants Fonda del Recuerdo, Au Pied de Cochon, and Izote.
2. Tickets to Ballet Folklórico de México. There are only three shows a week—the Sunday evening show is particularly popular.
3. An English-speaking guide for the Museo Nacional de Antropología. Call a week in advance.
4. Tickets for important soccer games at Estadio Azteca and Estadio Olímpico (get them at least a week in advance through your hotel concierge).
5. Around holidays, buy first-class bus tickets to other destinations at least a week in advance.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe