- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Monumento a la Independencia
Monumento a la Independencia Review
Known as El Angel, this Corinthian column topped by a gilt angel is the city's most uplifting monument, built to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Mexico's War of Independence. Beneath the pedestal lie the remains of the principal heroes of the independence movement; an eternal flame burns in their honor. As you pass by, you may see one or more couples dressed in their wedding apparel, posing for pictures on the steps of the monument. Many couples stop off here before or after they get married, as a tribute to their own personal independence from their parents.
- Address: Traffic circle bounded by Calle Río Tiber, Paseo de la Reforma, and Calle Florencia, Zona Rosa, Mexico City, 11580
- Metro Insurgentes.
- Location: Bosque de Chapultepec and Zona Rosa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more