- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Fonda Don Chon
Fonda Don Chon Review
This unpretentious family-style restaurant, deep in a downtown working-class neighborhood, is famed for its pre-Hispanic Mexican dishes. A knowledge of zoology, Spanish, and Nahuatl helps in making sense of a menu that includes ingredients from throughout the republic. Escamoles de hormiga (red-ant roe) is known as the "caviar of Mexico" for its texture and costliness, but it is an acquired taste. Other exotic dishes are armadillo in mango sauce and fillet of wild boar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Got back from a week in Puerto Vallarta on Saturday night. Read more
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
We were thinking of going to Guanajuato end of May, June for two weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more