- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hostería de Santo Domingo
Hostería de Santo Domingo Review
This genteel institution near downtown's Plaza Santo Domingo has been serving colonial dishes in a delightful town house since the late 19th century. Feast on oysters in cocktail sauce, stuffed cactus paddles, hot pepper soup, and the house specialty, chiles en nogada (stuffed poblano chili peppers bathed in creamy walnut sauce). This is a great place for a boozy lunch, with options ranging from wine to whiskies to tequilas. The place is open for breakfast and is always full at lunch; it closes at 10 pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $669 & up -- Cabo All-Inclusive 5-Night Trip w/Air, $200 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay Free — $479 CheapCaribbean.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more